Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Poetry by Aaron Stewart

Understanding and the 55c Stamp!
By Aaron Stewart

So, you started to write him, time and time again,
Except you could never seem to find a pen.
After all, didn’t he write all the time?
And tell you about the things on his mind.

Then one day, you sat right down and wrote him a letter.
You told him you hoped it made him feel much better,
Plus, you decided to send him a few pennies.
‘Cause you knew, for a fact, he didn’t receive many.
There you said, “I finally got the job done”.

Except, for a stamp, you didn’t have one.
So, you laid the letter on the dresser by the lamp.
Never once did you look for a stamp.

There the letter sat; there the letter stayed.
For weeks, then months, there the letter laid.
Those precious few words that said you cared.
The words never sent; the words never shared.

Then, one day, you looked up and said,
“Damn! I don’t know what’s going on inside my head”.
So, you went to the store and bought a stamp.
You put it on the letter laying by the lamp…

Finally, the letter was on the way.
But, as fate would dictate,
The letter you sent arrived too late.

Old boy died in the steel-tomb camp!
With the full knowledge, your love
And understanding,
Wasn’t even worth a 55-cent stamp!



Penitentiary Life
By Aaron Stewart

Penitentiary life is a quagmire
Of redundant and frivolous trivia,
Where blood-letting is ever prevalent,
And it flows, just like a river.

It’s where you can always find
Hate and turmoil in many men’s minds;
Of pent-up frustrations and
Hate-filled hostilities;
Where the threat of death
Is a great possibility…

It’s a place of the strong, the gentle,
And the meek.
A real-life nightmare 
For the mentally weak.

It’s invidious, insidious, 
Dark, draconian, and sad.
A place of nothingness 
Where people go mad.

It’s a very evil thing!
To cage a human being,
And take his humanity.
It’s not a place anyone should be.

It’s a very bitter harvest;
And, after all these years,
It’s taking its toll on me.
Intelligent man, intelligent mind,
Slowly drifting away, slowly dying!



Enchanted
By Aaron Stewart

The prismatic vibrancy of your being
Is an enchanting and wonderful thing.
Hypnotic, and fresh, and very inviting;
Your womanly charms are magnetic and exciting!

A kiss from your succulent lips
Would send me reeling
Into a state of bliss!
Oh, what a beautiful work of art!

You’ve captured my mind,
And moved on my heart!
You fuse my bloodstream
With heat and passion.
You move me tremendously
In a pleasant fashion.

I don’t know what it is you got!
But I love it, lady!
I love it, a lot!

Just me – 
Enchanted!



Loyalty
By Aaron Stewart

Loyalty is something that don’t grow on trees.
It’s never for sale, or bought with money.
It’s a deep-rooted bonding;
A certain trust one must always keep!
It ties relationships together,
Always and forever!

Loyalty never, ever goes away.
It’s like the sun;
It always shines, every day.

Loyalty will always remain the same.
Just like gold, it never changes.
Loyalty builds lasting bridges,
Through the cracks and crevices
Of life’s many valleys and ridges.
Loyalty should always be rewarded.
And, for those whom possess it,
Highly regarded!

I hold you in the highest esteem,
For being so true and loyal to me!



Passionate Jubilee
By Aaron Stewart

When I woke up, I thought it was a dream.
I saw four walls, and started to scream.
I pondered the melodies, the music we made.
When we kissed, and when we touched!

And, oh!
The majestical passion, that flowed between us.
It was way beyond sweet.
It was exceptional and divine.
The love. Oh, the love!
Yours and mine.

I was caught-up in passion’s revelry.
And locked-down in pure ecstasy. 
It was fantastic and bombastic!
Pure joy, and so erotic!
The love spasms, and imploding, orgasms.
Oh, my passionate jubilee!

If only you were real, and not a dream…



Keeping It Real
By Aaron Stewart

Who am I,
In this vast and mysterious universe? 
Mankind,
What is life and its purpose?
I am a spiritual being, living a human experience,
Engaged in a constant struggle!
To maintain existence, “peacefully”.
Living and hoping, struggling and coping.
Learning and yearning.
Loving and trying to be loved.
Seeking security and posterity,
To ensure longevity.
In space and time.
Using the tools of my mind.
Steering this ship in turbulent streams,
To foment my hopes and dreams;
Forging them into reality.
Sharpening, and honing my skills.
Staying focused, and keeping it real.


Aaron Stewart A71724
Stateville Correctional Center
P.O. Box 112
Joliet, IL 60434

I am Aaron Stewart, a 57 year old prisoner. A native of Chicago, Illinois. I am wrongfully imprisoned “Actually Innocent' as the term goes, This is book II of “Ruminations From The Well Of A Caged Soul.” With the ruminations I hope it will allow you a peek at a mind imprisoned, but not brain chained.

I let the spirit within speak of events, mental impressions, and this ongoing rolling, moving picture show. Of life behind these cold, gray, ugly walls. Penitentiary news emanates and reeks of suffrage, and longing, commiserating forgotten human souls.

With these few collections of thoughts, I hope I can put a human face on this wretched place. To enlighten the world from one man perspective on time, spaces, and places. The mind roams in these unnatural and caged lifestyles. We are pretty much like everyone else. Except some of us are truly criminals, some of us are not. Some are malcontent, and some are not. All want to be free to do what human beings do. (Live, thrive, work, hope, cope, love, to build a better future.) Most of us are misunderstood, mistreated neglected, disrespected, and mislabeled. 

With these thoughts in my head I decided to out them down. You know. spread them around see what John Q. Public thinks about human beings wasting away; paying for crimes they didn’t commit everyday. Turn the page please.

I’m single, never married.  No children, I’m just hoping and coping and waiting on Ms. Right to come in to this fractured life.

No comments: