Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Poetry by Stevie Lamar Fields

Just A Fool
By Stevie Lamar Fields

I came from nature
to are

through places
very dark

Some times light
shine from me

in moments
I don't see

NO more
no less

just a soul
in this body


The Cage
By Stevie Lamar Fields

People travel
pass the cage

hearing and saying
I am rage

The cage was built
for people like you

that are made
unable to see

I'm being held
while the cage illusion you

just pass and look at
what will the cage do

Illusions of authority
with the cage

are you free
pass the cage



Red Roots
 By Stevie Lamar Fields

Strange feeling
existence being

spirits can see
what’s done to thee

Ancestor spirits
Run through trees

out red roots
returning thee

Ancestor spirits
are opening eyes

humans in being
aren’t disguised



Heart in Hand
By Stevie Lamar Fields

Feather blown
its not known

heart in hand
is being shown

Feeling beats
Misunderstood

into darkness
no one should

Heart in hand
is being shown

love is free

as its known


Holding Onto Hope
By Stevie Lamar Fields

I hold onto hope because
I don't know how not to

I tried to figure things out
except each step appears new

Separation is built instead
of building up each other

It's not hard to see
we as humans are one

Until the madness stops
we won't move any further

I hold onto hope because
I don't know how not to

I hold onto hope because
I can't do this without you


Spirit
By Stevie Lamar Fields

Here
no halo is over my head

I never been free
I never been dead

After each decay
I escape this way

invisible
to human beings

Until time again
I will be

until time again
I will be

In the moments
through transference

God
I see


Stevie Lamar Fields B-79516
San Quentin State Prison
San Quentin CA 94974

No comments: