Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Brief Fiscal Update

Hi everyone. This is just a quick update on the status of my recent appellate FUND RAISING DRIVE Tracey thought that it might be a good idea to keep all of you updated, and I agreed that this was important. I am aware that there have been some less than honest fund-raising schemes played out by people in my position~ and in order to eliminate any illusions of impropriety I am going to post the details here periodically. This is probably not necessary for most of you, but I have nothing to hide and this seems the easiest way to prove it.

As of today I have collected USD$873.17 (Admin note: this is since the 1st December 2010***). I have until the end of June to file my final appeal, so obviously the investigations I initiate will need to be finished by that point. I expect to make final payments for these services no later than April. I really appreciate those of you who have helped me in this. I obviously won't make the stated goal at this pace, but I am doing my best to drive a hard bargain with these people in order to get the most bang for my buck on all facets of this investigation. The bottom line is, without you I wouldn't have gotten anything done, so by this point we are really in bonus territory and this all because of your generosity. You have been far kinder to me than I deserve, and I can only hope that this kindness will be returned to you tenfold. If you ever get locked up I will make you a spread, promise. But don't get locked up. Seriously. This place blows.

Be back in a few days with regular posting. Pax.

*** Admin note: Thomas advises that an additional $700 has been raised outside of PayPal (this is as at 4th February 2011).


© Copyright 2011 by Thomas Bartlett Whitaker. All rights reserved

2 comments:

D Ruelas said...

I am glad to see that some of your pen pals and facebook friends have responded to Thomas's petition. I remember in one of his past entries, Thomas asked for people to sign for Kevin's petition saying: "Please help save. I tell you, Kevin is someone worth saving" (or something like this). Well...I can tell everyone the same thing about Thomas (and this is because I have had the privilege to know him personally). I continue motivating everyone that has not already helped out, to do so. As you can see, the amount he has received up to now is a little less than 10% of what he is needing. $10,000 sounds like a lot of money, but if we all donate (as little or as much as you are able), IT IS POSSIBLE!

Ilaria said...

Surely, if you know Thomas you'll know that this it's worth it.
Ah, I wrote e-mails to journalists and writers against the death penalty asking them to take a look at the blog and sign the petition. We could all do the same, I did it in Italy :) I already got some replies, even Franca Rame, wife of the playwright and Nobel for Literature Dario Fo. You never know.. :)